Friday, March 12, 2010

Cultural Genecide In Dixie

By James Edwards
Of all the issues that animate me to action this one strikes to the very marrow of my bones. I will fight many battles in the court of public opinion, but when you denigrate the Confederacy and spit upon the South’s great legacy, you are attacking my family. And the day you attack my family is the day you’ll see me take to the streets.

We covered, at great length during our February 27 broadcast, the vicious attacks of Cultural Genocide being levied against Southern Heritage from the campus of Ole Miss. Playing their role in this unforgivable assault on our people is none other than the infamous Tuohy family, made popular in Hollywood by the film The Blind Side. We’ve provided ample commentary about the disturbing tenets of that film, so let us focus now on the issue at hand.

First of all, we should never forget that the South was RIGHT. There is no shame to bear. In fact, I consider myself having won the genetic lottery for God to have allowed me to come into this world as a Southern male and to have been born and raised in the former Confederate State of Tennessee. This birthright is something I wouldn’t trade for any amount of money. It’s an affirmation of pride that we all should share.

As I have made mention of before on The Political Cesspool, my great grandfather’s grandfather fought, and died, in service to the Confederate Cavalry at the Battle of Shiloh. As a child my parents would frequently take me to visit my great grandparents in Corinth, Mississippi, and I was lucky enough to have seen the blood-stained saddle that belong to my heroic ancestor so many years prior.

I was born 115 years after Lee’s surrender at Appomattox and I tell you that it is something deeply spiritual that comes over me when I hear Dixie being played. To this day my eyes still swell with emotion when I read of the gallant sacrifices those brave men made in their attempts to stave off Federal oppression and tyranny. It is, perhaps, a feeling that only a Southerner can truly know.

What is love if not loving your own family and standing at the ready to defend their honor when need be? That being said, I sit with fists clenched as I think about the Tuohy family, who are nothing more than jumped-up, self-hating White Trash, spending their time and money to lead the charge to remove Colonel Rebel from the groves of Ole Miss.

We must not surrender any more ground to those who wish to systematically remove every last symbol of that which makes the South so precious. As Confederate General Thomas J. “Stonewall” Jackson was said to have remarked, “We must raise at once the black flag… No quarter to the violators of our homes and firesides.”

I implore, with every fiber of my being, for the students of Ole Miss, as well as Southerners everywhere, to always stand in ardent defense of the Confederacy and all it so righteously stood for. Don’t ever let those who hate us make you apologize, for we have nothing to apologize about. We were, and are, all too right. We must find that fierce determination that propelled our boys in gray, who were out manned and out supplied, but never out fought.

No comments: