Thursday, November 14, 2013

Billy Graham

As we approach this coming Sunday's, "My Hope America" service, I am reminded of people in my past that were critical of Billy Graham. They were Independent Baptist and a few Ultra Fundamentalist Southern Baptist (along with many Hardcore Conservatives, Pentecostals, Charismatics, and the Inter Denominational/Non Denominational folks) that believed Mr. Graham was not an ambassador for Christianity!!!

I heard one preacher call him a "wine bibber", because he had been told that the great evangelist had drink a glass of wine with some Jewish leaders when he was visiting Israel. The same guy called him a "hippy" because Rev. Graham's hair was "too long" for his taste.

This jarred me to the bone!!!

I recall as a child watching Billy Graham on TV, and some nights I would get aggravated because we only had one station and when he did his week long crusades, I had no choice but to watch, and as a kid, I'd rather be watching something else, BUT even as a small boy some of his message would get through my resistance and it caused me to realize that this man was passionate about what he was saying and doing. So even though I wasn't a "fan", I was a "fan", and later in life, to hear another man of God (ahem) "slam" Billy Graham, flew all over me.

I'm sending this out because maybe you too have heard some nonsense about, or someone criticizing (maybe you have done it as well) Mr. Graham, or perhaps you don't like him. Well, it doesn't matter if we like him or anyone else, or the way they do things, what matters is this , "Is Billy Graham PREACHING the Word of God?" Can anyone with a clean heart say he isn't?

Of course not!!!

Some people frown at what we call mass evangelism, as this is what Billy does, but it works. I don't know the exact number, but I can say assuredly that millions have been saved from his messages of hope in Jesus. And just like in the majority of our churches, NOT ALL stick, but it doesn't make their decision any less important.

Billy Graham IS a man of character, with a pure heart and an undying desire, even at the age of 95, to reach this "lost world" for Jesus Christ, and we should honor Christ by supporting this servant of God's, by not belittling him or his ministry, but by praying and partnering up with him to win our city to Jesus!!!

So please come out and support this day. Bring friends and family. Pray, even right now, for many souls to be moved closer to our Heavenly Father through this service. I'm believing many, many will be changed this coming Sunday, are you believing also!!!

Mark 9:38-41

Whoever Is Not Against Us Is for Us

Teacher,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.”

“Do not stop him,” Jesus said. “For no one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, for whoever is not against us is for us Truly I tell you, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to the Messiah will certainly not lose their reward.

God Bless, Cochise, Pastor Set Free Daytona

Psalm 84:10

Set Free People, Please Share!!!

No comments: