Tuesday, September 13, 2011

To My Catholic Friends On Here:

As I know we have some Catholics on here, I was just wondering how they dealt with some of these Scriptures. I don't feel bad asking about them, as I (being a Baptist, of which I claim no denomination anymore) have been asked countless times about Acts 2:38, and being baptized in the name of Jesus only. And falling from grace. Once saced always saved, etc. Therefore I feel I am justified to ask back some questions.

What about I Tim 2: 5-6

"For there is one God and ONE MEDIATOR between God and men, the MAN Christ Jesus (not a man called a priest), who gave himself as a ransom for all men--the testimony given in it's proper time."

Or 1 Timothy 4:3-5

They forbid people to marry (Priest) and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created (Don't eat meat on Fridays) to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth.For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

Or Mat 23:9

And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. (And He isn't talking about your dad.)

Where do you come up with the praying to and through Mother Mary? I know that she was a devout and anointed (also appointed) woman. What are the Rosary beads about? Why is Jesus still on the cross in your church buildings?

Was the Romans (as in Roman Catholics) the ones who persecuted the first century Christians, (like the Puritians burnt presumably witches in America)?

Why do you refer to Simon Peter as the first Pope of the Church, wasn't he married?

What brought these questions to mind is the number of people who ask me often why I believe what I believe. I can look them up in Wikipedia, but I'd love to hear it straight from the Catholic believers mouth (heart).

Not tying to be controversial, just want to know how you Catholics feel about these things. God Bless ~ Cochise

No comments: