Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Please Read And Take The Challenge.

This is a Test:



God tells us to love, love, love!!! If Jesus asked you to give up everything you have and own and to follow HIm, and you answered His call, you may end up going straight to a cross (death), or to a foriegn country, or to your neighbor next door.



He may ask you to sit with sinners, and eat with drunks and whores. He may call you to preach, pastor or whatever, but be assured of this one thing; whatever He leads you to do, it will involve loving people right where they are and wherever He sends us. He is going to ask you to spend your time helping people who will not love you back and never show gratitude for what you gave up!!!


I am going to cut and paste part of I Corinthians 13 and ask that every time you see the word love, substitute your name there, for example, Love is patient, read James is patient, or Sue is patient, and (your name) is kind. Do this and tell me what you felt like when you finished.



I felt like a liar.



4 Love is patient, love is kind. Love does not envy, Love does not boast, Love is not proud. 5 Love does not dishonor others, Love is not self-seeking, Love is not easily angered, Love keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.



If we say we love God, yet hate our brother, the truth is not in us.



Matthew 22:36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”



37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”



I feel so unworthy as I read this, yet we should strive to be perfect (mature) in this thing called love, both agape (God) love and phileo (brotherly) love.



In His Love and Praying for You!!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks Cochise. I am attempting to earn my degree in psychology at the ripe old age of 49, and have gotten so caught up in that recently that I have let devotion slip. It made me feel like a liar too. Lisa behaves a lot more like love when she starts every morning on her knees before attempting ANYTHING.

Cochise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cochise said...

Great Testimony!!! It's when I don't read my Bible that I get and walk in the flesh.