Sunday, March 27, 2011

Charles Spurgeon

And now, lastly, to you sinners, to you who are not saved-What is there to be said to you about this power of the Holy Spirit?

Why, to me, there is some hope for some of you. I cannot save you: I cannot convince you. I make you cry sometimes-you wipe your eyes, and it is all over. But I know my Master can. That is my consolation. Chief of sinners, there is hope for you! This power can save you as well as anybody else. It is able to break your heart, though it is made of iron; to make your eyes run with tears though they have been like rocks before.

His power is able this morning, if he is willing to change your heart, to turn the current of all your ideas, to immediately make you a child of God, to justify you in Christ. There is enough power in the Holy Spirit. You are not weak in him, but in your own hearts. He is able to bring sinners to Jesus: he is able to make you willing in the day of his power. Are you willing this morning? Has he gone so far as to make you desire his name, to make you wish for Jesus? Then, O sinner! while he draws you, say, “Draw me, I am wretched without you.”

Follow him, follow him, and while he leads, follow in his footsteps, and rejoice that he has begun a good work in you, for there is evidence that he will continue it even to the end. And, O desponding one! put your trust in the power of the Holy Spirit. Rest in the blood of Jesus, and your soul is safe, not only now, but throughout eternity. God bless all of you who have listened to this sermon.

Amen.

No comments: