Monday, May 9, 2011

Lay Aside Your Background Of Beliefs And Open Your Mind.

"I don't practice religion.", I have heard this quiet often in the last 28 years.



If people would just open their minds and hearts, to understand the simpliest things. Though Christainity is religion, it is so different from other beliefs. I know that Christians have not always been right in their actions, such as burning what they assumed were witches, and other heidous crimes to humanity in the far past, yet this belief has done more for this old sick world than any others.



My prayer is this, regardless of your background are you willing to SET IT ASIDE, an just respond to Biblical Truths?



Would you honestly ask yourself if just maybe your beliefs and way of thinking possible could be wrong? Can you be open minded? This is when I have most learned the true things of God, and I am still learning to be even more open to the Spirit's revelations to me daily.



We need to base our understanding of who God really is and not who we think He is or want Him to be, and what Jesus did (as far as coming to earth in the flesh and the importance of that) and the experience of the Holy Spirit on Biblical truths, and not out of fear or cultural upbringing.



Christianity is far more than a religion, it is a way of life that produces better people, and thus creating a better world. I believe that is what the founding fathers of our nation had in mind as they penned the laws and rules of our Nation when they begin to seriously develope what America was to be. Little did they know that this country, called a christian nation, would become that in name only, as we have drifted far from the Word.



Maybe you don't practice religion, but I know for a fact that many who say this, have asked God to help them in their time of need, in times of uncertainity and when they or a loved one is sick. These also blame God for any bad things that might transpire in their lives, thus recognizing a Supreme Being, but not wanting to practice this thing called religion.



I love these people no matter what, for when they tell me that they don't practice any religion it isn't directed to me personally and I pray that their hearts would be open to Biblical truths. God bless them.



I John 2:20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth. 21 I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth. 22 Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son. 23 No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

No comments: