Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What Stimulates You?

I have been praying without ceasing on why people don't want to come to a Christian worship services these days. Could it be because God isn't there?

Hosea 5:15 Then I will return to my place until they have borne their guilt and seek my face, in their misery they will earnestly seek me.”

I would not be afraid to say that millions of people have attended or are attending worship services through out our nation, state and cities that have never experienced the Awesome Power of God, the Presence of Christ and the Movement of the Holy Spirit, why? Again, perhaps it's like what was written in Hosea, God has gone back to His place, intending to stay there until the people truly want Him.

I understand that the church is competing with television, movies, concerts and the nightly entertainment, which is all exciting and stimulates our souls and emotions as we attend, watch and listen, but my friends, IF you ever experience God one time, in a way that He wants us to, you will put Him at the top of your list on who to seek for that sensation that stimulates every fiber in our body, every emotion in our soul and every space in our quickened spirit. I have been there, but not lately, (other than in my prayer closet).

It's very hard to find a place in America, and I'm not saying there isn't any, where you can experience the awesomeness of God. He just doesn't show up anymore, because He is not asked to. Yes we pray to Him, and we thank Him and even ask Him to heal the sick, BUT is HE with us, is His Power with us? Do we loose the Holy Spirit in our church services when we come into worship, or do we keep Him held back and dormant?

Rev 3:20, says that Jesus stands at the door and knocks, wanting to come in. This is not referring to a persons heart, rather read the text, He is outside the church knocking, and wanting to come in, and as many believe, as do I, that the door handle that opens the door is on the inside, but very seldom, do we let any part of God into our services.

I know that church can compete with the theater, the television and the tavern, if we will just let Him in and let Him loose once we come together for praise and worship. Even the reading of His Word will stimulate the spirit, if we want it.

Give me a church, that isn't afraid of God, and I will promise you that all other forms of stimulation of the emotions will soon fade away in your life, as we connect to the One who will give us the power to get through everyday, with great joy. I promise!!!

Seek God while He may be found,

Praying For Revival In American Churches

No comments: